Sunday, February 3, 2013


She was the little girl of Dutchess and Clancy and was born during the summer.  She was only 4 months old when she passed away.   I know she went to a very loving home because I had met with, and talked to her parents many times before they took her home.  I remember everyone was excited and when they pulled away, Ruby was looking out the window at us wagging her tail.  I also remember how excited she was to go to her new house, little did I know that would be the last time I would see her.

I received a call the day before Thanksgiving about her, and how sick she was and everyone was crying.  I said a prayer for her, hoping she would be spared but it was not to be.  She passed away on Thanksgiving Day.   I think what bothers me the most, is she probably died alone in a sterile cage, because she was contagious. I would have loved to have been with her rubbing her little face and being with her as she passed, just to let her know she was loved and not alone. It does break my heart.

Ruby's death has hit me pretty hard. She was the first Border Collie we have lost other than Midnight who was only two days old.  She was a wonderful little girl who had a lots of jumping and running yet to do.  I will miss you and I'm sure that your owners will too, but remember to wait for us at the Bridge.

I really do love them all so much and will always feel they will be part of us.  When we do have one of our pups or grown dog come back to visit or board, they always go to the shed, which was their first home, just like they always did. I have always hoped that when my time comes, God in his wisdom, knowing my heart would allow me to sit in a big field on a beautiful day just outside heaven and all my dogs and all the pups that we have had would run to me from all directions,   jumping on me and licking my face and we would roll on the ground and play and then we would all go in together.  This would be my heaven.  Kenny Shuck

Run Free Ruby, Run Free

No comments:

Post a Comment